Hi all, a couple days ago I released the top and the pattern for, The Lana Bralette. It took me 1.5 weeks or so to write and make each size to have the right stitch counts. I then searched for pattern testers to test and wear the top accordingly, to make sure that the size will fit the right size (did I use size one too many times?) which took another 1.5 weeks to finish. Worth it 🙂
(the lana bralette with a thinner worsted weight acrylic yarn)
I used Sugar N’ Cream cotton yarn in potpourri in this photo
My first attempt at making a top with “cups” was hard since I wasn’t sure how large the cups had to be and what the height should be. I love using cotton yarn for my tops, but I noticed that it has always been harsh on my hands, so, I decided to use acrylic just to try it out. I made the top (as shown above) posted it onto social media and it blew up, I knew I had to continue it in cotton and then other sizes. Little did I know the changes from using acrylic to cotton was a little drastic, since the width and the height was off and the amount of stitches, rows, etc. was also off.
Overall, it did take around 3 weeks to fully finish! It’s quite some time, but truly a great experience. It helped me understand body sizes and having to design something that can fit multiple body types and not just mine.
I would like to give credit to all my testers who took the time out to make the top and wear them or finding someone to model them for me. Here are some of my testers awesome creations:
Laurie @citychicboutique1 daughter modeling the top
Melissa @stitchinfits daughter modeling the top
Alison @alisonsawpwns, cousin Caitlin @ngstagrammm modeling the top
Also many thanks to Alane and Kiesha for testing the top!
PHYSICAL TOP AND PATTERN AVAILABLE ON ETSY
PATTERN AVAILABLE ON RAVELRY
LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS WHAT YOU THINK OF THE TOP! I’M ALWAYS STRIVING FOR QUALITY IN THE PATTERN AND TOP, SO HOPEFULLY IT’S SHOWN IN MY WORK 🙂